OLEV Grant Funding
OLEV Grant Funding
Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme
A great incentive for getting an electric vehicle charging point installed at home is the OLEV grant, also known as the EVHS. It provides funding of £500 towards the cost of installing EV points in homes. Applying is simple, we will ask you to provide a few details and sign some paperwork and we will complete the application process on your behalf.
How to qualify for the OLEV EVHS grant
You may qualify for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme if you meet the following criteria:
- Your electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle is on the eligible vehicles list
- Your property has off-street parking such as a garage, driveway or allocated parking space
- You have taken keepership of a new or second hand eligible vehicle on or after 1 October 2016 OR
- Have ordered an eligible vehicle (proof required)
- You are leasing an eligible vehicle for at least six months
- Company vehicles – you have been assigned a company car for at least six months on or after 1 October 2016 OR
- Have leased the vehicle as part of a salary-sacrifice scheme from 1 October 2016 onwards
- You have not previously claimed for the same vehicle
The grant offers up to £500 off the cost of purchasing and installing an electric vehicle charge point. You can claim for one electric vehicle charging point per eligible vehicle, and up to two electric vehicle charge points per household.
Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)
More and more people are switching over to electric vehicles so what better time to consider future proofing your business and offering electric vehicle charging facilities to your customers, staff and visitors. To make it more affordable for small and large companies, many businesses are eligible for the Workplace Charging Scheme grant.
Summary of the Workplace Charge Scheme (WCS)
WCS is a voucher-based scheme designed to provide eligible businesses with help towards the costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charge points. Contributions are limited to 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £500 for each socket. You can apply for up to a maximum of 20 across all sites for each applicant.
You can apply for the scheme using the online application portal. If your eligibility check is successful, you will be issued a unique identification voucher code via email which you then pass to us prior to the installation date.
WCS vouchers are valid for four months, therefore installation must be completed within this time. Vouchers will be issued confirming eligibility, but please be aware that until you receive a unique identification voucher code, there is no guarantee that you will receive the grant. You can speak to us if you are unsure of any of the above, we are always happy to help!
Take a look at the products available for workplace installation.