Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)
Workplace Charging Scheme
You may be eligible to apply for a voucher under the Workplace Charging Scheme which provides a saving of £350 per socket, up to 40 sockets per company.
WCS is a voucher-based scheme designed to provide eligible applicants with support towards the upfront costs of the purchase and installation of EV chargepoints. The contribution is limited to the 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £350 for each socket, up to a maximum of 40 across all sites for each applicant.
This is an overview of the process for the Workplace Charging Scheme:
- step 1 – applicant completes online application
- step 2 – voucher generated
- step 3 – installer completes installation
- step 4 – installer submits claim via the portal
- step 5 – grant level confirmed – up to 75% of the costs, capped at £350
- step 6 – installer receives grant
Installations already completed before a voucher has been issued will not be eligible. Installations and grant claims must take place within 6 months (180 days) of the date of issue of the WCS voucher.