What is a Standard Installation?
The majority of domestic properties qualify for a standard installation which includes:
- Up to 15 metres of High Tuff cable, run and clipped to the wall between the consumer unit and the EV charger, up to a height of up to 1.8m
- The fitting of the charger on a brick or plaster wall, (or other suitable permanent structure)
- All electrical connections at the origin of the supply and the charging unit
- Routing of the cable through 1 x drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm thick
- Mini distribution unit or type A RCD in metal consumer unit
- Up to 3 metres of plastic conduit or trunking to conceal interior wiring
- Electrical testing and NICEIC Certification.
- Demonstration of the charge point functions and app
If your installation involves more than this for example, over 15m of cable or needs any groundworks such as trenching, we would quote you for the additional amount.
What is included in the cost of a Standard Installation?
The cost of a standard installation varies according to which type of EV charge point you choose. Included in the cost is:
- Supply of the EV charger of your choice
- Installation of your EV charge point
- Material such as cabling, data cable, cable cleats, mini distribution unit or MCB/RCBO
- VAT is included
- £350 government OZEV grant which we’ll apply for on your behalf
- In order to qualify you need to meet the criteria for a standard installation and be in the South East region
If it is not a standard installation, you require a mounting post or groundworks or you’re not in our area, you’ll still be able to get an EV charge point installed, but the price might be a little bit higher.