Car charging point installations at home
Arranging a car charging point installation for your home couldn’t be easier. If you are claiming under the OLEV grant, we will organise it on your behalf, we just ask for a few pieces of information in order to make the claim.
- Call us, e-mail us, request a callback or fill out the contact form
- We will speak to you to arrange a date for one of our engineers to conduct a free-of-charge survey. Alternatively, you can send us photos of your consumer unit and incoming supply
- If the outcome of the survey deems it necessary to carry out further work on your electrical supply, we will send information about what you need to do next
- Installation usually takes around 3 – 4 hours.
- Ahead of installation, you will need to:
- Provide proof of ownership of your vehicle. This will depend on your category of ownership, whether you own outright, are leasing or have a company vehicle. OLEV will accept either V5 (log book), proof of purchase, proof of order or company letter if it is a company vehicle
- Provide an electricity bill or MPAN number (Meter Point Administration Number)
- Complete and sign an Annex D form
- Inform us of the preferred location of the EV charge point
- Make payment to secure your installation date
- Once the installation is complete, our engineer will test your new charge point and sign it off with Building Control. You will receive a certificate for the work. He will also talk you through using your new charge point and answer any questions you may have.
For your peace of mind, our home charging units come with a FREE 3-year parts and labour warranty.
Workplace Charging Points
We also offer a wide range of electric vehicle charging points for businesses and there are grants available. If you are interested in commercial charging units, please get in contact with us and we will come out and visit your workplace and go through the various options available to you.