Arranging an electric vehicle charging point installation couldn’t be easier. If you are claiming an OLEV grant, we will organise this your behalf, all we ask for is some information to support the claim.
Step 1: Initial enquiry
- Firstly, there are various ways to get in touch. You can call us on 01892 823787 or 0330 666 0100. You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or request a callback or fill out the contact form
- Once we receive your enquiry, we will be in touch within 48 hours to either arrange a date for one of our engineers to conduct a free-of-charge survey or we will ask you some questions about your home and your electrical supply, we will also request some photos to pass on to someone from our Technical Team.
- Once our Technical Team is satisfied that your electrical supply is adequate and you meet the OLEV criteria (if applicable), we will then provide a no obligation quotation for the work.
- On acceptance of the quotation, we will arrange a convenient time to carry out the installation.
Step 2: EV charge point installation
- On the day of installation, our uniformed engineer(s) will arrive in a sign written van.
- The engineer will ask you to confirm the preferred location of the EV charge point
- Installation of smart EV charge points usually takes around 4 hours.
- Ahead of installation, you will need to:
- Provide proof of ownership of your vehicle. This will depend on your category of ownership, whether you own outright, are leasing or have a company vehicle. OLEV will accept either V5 (log book), proof of purchase, proof of order or a letter if it is a company vehicle for which you will need the Annex I template
- Provide an electricity bill or MPAN number (Meter Point Administration Number)
- Complete and sign an Annex D
- Once the installation is complete, the engineer will test your new charge point and sign it off with Building Control and you will receive a certificate for the work from the NICEIC. The engineer will also talk you through using your new charge point, and answer any questions you may have.
- Our charge points come with a free 3-year parts and labour warranty so if you do experience any problems, we are just a phone call away.
Workplace EV Charging Points
For businesses wanting to future-proof their premises and improve their green credential, we offer a wide range of commercial electric vehicle charging points. There is also a grant available called the Workplace Charging Scheme. If you are interested in commercial charging units, please get in contact with us and we will arrange a suitable time for one of our representatives to visit your workplace and go through the various options available to you.